Purchase Order (PO) management
Purchase Order Management is a powerful function of the supply chain processes within Micronet's Distribution system. It provides you with the facility to assist in inventory planning and cost control.
- Create, maintain and track the progress of purchase orders and then reconcile the delivery dockets against supplier invoices, before updating to Micronet’s Creditor Ledger.
- You have the facility to nominate alternative items, alternative suppliers and their part numbers/pricing during the order process. Once an order has been raised you have the option to display or print reports detailing pricing, quantities, expected delivery dates and current delivery status until it is received.
- Purchase orders can be created manually or automatically from current stock information and against backorders entered in the system for specific customers.
- 'Private' text can be assigned to purchase order lines for future reference in inquiries and reports.
- A range of reports are provided to assist in the maintenance of effective stock levels. Safety stock reports can be produced showing items that have fallen below nominated minimum stock levels. The "Dead Stock" report identifies items that have not moved since a nominated date.
- Goods can be received without the creation of a purchase order.
The Purchase History files stores all the necessary details. These include the price, supplier, quantity, etc. The Micronet Distribution system will automatically check if any supplier quantity buy breaks apply, or whether you have supplier purchase contracts with any additional nett, $ or % discounts applicable.
- Import Costing - A comprehensive import costing system (with multi-currency) allows you to receive overseas shipments in batches where the duty, freight and landing costs will be appropriated across all the items from the same shipment.